Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Failure to Plan is a Plan to Fail

This is something that was drilled into me the last time I lost weight and, sure enough, it came back to bite me in the very first week this time around.

The failure to plan, this time, was in not having a "backup" plan in case dinner wasn't ready. That was what happened last night. The result: Chinese Sweet & Sour chicken. I could have done worse, but not by much. While it didn't quite bust the point budget, it did put a serious dent in it.

Fortunately, I made up a bit of it by walking for 20 minutes today.

Lesson learned: Have a backup plan for a healthy meal if the primary plans fall through.

The Wolf

6 comments:

rescue37 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rescue37 said...

next time go for the chicken and snow peas. Better yet go for the steamed chicken and vegetables.

Unknown said...

Walking is a good idea. I work on a fourth floor, and I've stopped using the elevator. I just started a few days ago and haven't weighed myself yet, but I sure do feel better--my calves are going "moo." I'm also now taking a bus line that's not closest to my house. If your schedule allows it, I recommend doing stuff like this.

BrooklynWolf said...

Thanks for the suggestions, rescue and SA.

I've already begun to walk a part of the trek home that I normally use a bus for. Hopefully that will help somewhat.

The Wolf

come running said...

You're an inspiration. I've been putting this off for awhile, but tomorrow I go for a weigh in and meeting.

BrooklynWolf said...

Good luck, come running. Please let me know how it goes!

The Wolf