Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Guilty Pleasure #1


Since nobody asked, I'm going to give you all some tips and hints. The type of tip that I'm going to be providing today is snack food (aka guilty pleasure). From time to time, I'll share some of the snack food that helps me get through the day.

First up... Glenny's Soy Crisps.

Now, these soy chips come in various flavors, including Barbeque, Apple Cinnomon, Lightly Salted, Salt & Pepper, White Cheddar, Onion & Garlic and about a half dozen others. Personally, I only eat the BBQ... the rest (aside from the cheese flavors) are flavors that I wouldn't want in a chip anyway.

The good side is that the BBQ chips taste good and for a 1.3 ounce bag, you only use up about 2 points. They make a decent snack food when you have that salt/BBQ craving.

The bad side is that they can be expensive (.99-1.39 for a bag) they aren't potato chips... and you're not going to be fooled by them. But, nonetheless, they still make a decent snack food and will, to a large degree (but not completely) hold off that potato chip craving.

The Wolf

6 comments:

SaraK said...

I'm not a potato chip person but I really like these soy crisps!

Are you looking for suggestions? Jell-o fat free, sugar free puddings (60 calories) are AMAZING and only 1 point!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/products/pudding/sugar-free-reduced-calorie-snacks/

SaraK said...

Link

BrooklynWolf said...

Thanks, Sara.

Please feel free to leave suggestions. The more the merrier.

The Wolf

Zvika said...

I'm not a chip guy, but I find Nature Valley Granola Bars to be a great, healthy snack (only about 90 calories I think).

Anonymous said...

zvika, those granola bars are NOT healthy. check out the recipe. dont let the name granola fool you.

Zvika said...

Anonymous
Compared to some other stuff, they certainly are. But you may be right.